on 7 months ago
Mumbai ka Famous Kanda Poha Recipe
Today we are making very Famous Mumbai Style Kanda Poha Recipe . Its very Easy and quick. Do try at Home.
1 Cup Poha (Rice Flakes)
2 tbsp Peanuts
1/2 Cup Onion finely chopped
2-3 Green Chillies
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 Pinch Asafoetida (Heeng)
8-10 Fresh Curry Leaves
1/2 tbsp of Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Grated Coconut
Salt to Taste
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Inch Ginger Crushed
1 Tsp Garlic Crushed
1 Tsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Sweet Lime (Musammi) Juice
1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
2 Tbsp Oil
Method for Making Kanda Poha:-
1. Take 1 Cup Poha in a big strainer.
2. Wash it genttely under running water. Drain the excess water. cover it and keep a side.
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan add 2 tbsp peanuts and fry them untill peanuts turn crispy and crunchy. set a side.
2. Add 1 tbsp oil in same pan. Add mustard seeds, when they start splutter add cumin, 1 pinch asofoetida, curry leaves. Allow them to sizzle for 30 second.
3. Add finely chopped onion and green chilly, saute untill onions turn translucent.
4. Add turmeric powder, mix well cook for a minute.
5. Now add washed poha, mix well.
6. Add Lemon juice, salt, sugar and sweet lime juice. Mix well and cokk for 2-3 minutes.
7. At the last ad finelly chopped coriender leaves, mix well turn off the flame.
Kanda Poha is ready for serve. Serve with Black Tea.