on 9 months ago
Chikan Tikka Dum Biryani
Chicken Dum Biryaniis a classic Mughalai dish, Which is comes from Mughal Nizam's time. Biryani is an aromatic delight food loved by all. A quick and easy home made biryani is something you will adore it.
Chicken dum Biryani recipe can be prepared in two ways, kachi method and pakki method.
Toady we are going to prepare kachi biryani or kachhe gosht ki biryani.
For Chikan Tikka Marination
1.5 kg Chicken
5 Tablespoons Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Cup Oil
Salt (As per Taste)
2 Tablespoons Red Chilly Powder
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
4 Tablespoons Green Chilly Paste
1/2 Cup Fried Onion
2 Big Size Potato Cubes
1/2 Mint & Coriender Leaves Chopped
1/2 Kg Curd
Crushed Whole Spices
Whole Spices (Which is to crush)
7 Green Cardamom ( Choti Ilaichi)
6-8 cloves (or Laung)
1 inch Cinnamon (or Dalchini)
2 Tablespoons Fennel Seeds (or Saunf)
2 Tablespoons Cumin Seeds (or Zeera)
1 Tablespoon Caraway Seeds(or Shah Zeera)
2 Strand Mace(or javitri)
3 bay leaf( or tezpatta)
Other Ingredients for Chicken Tikka Dum Biryani
1.5 Kg Basmati Rice
4-5 Green Chilly Slit
2 cup boiling Water
Ghee or Oil
HOW TO MAKE THE CHICKEN TIKKA DUM BIRYANI
Step - 1 First Marination of Chicken
- 1. Take a bowl, add chicken, ginger garlic paste, Red Chilly powder and 1/4 cup oil.
- 2. Mix up well and set aside for 30 mins.
Step - 2 Grill Chicken
1. Take a skewer put chicken into this.
2. Grill theses chicken in the microwave or grirlling pan.
Step - 3 Final Marination of Grill Chicken
1.Take a pot of biryani, put grilled chicken in it, then add green chili paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, crushed whole spices, Kashmiri red chilly powder, garam masala, salt, fried onion, chopped mint and coriender leaves, potato cubes and oil to it. Mix them properly.
2. Finally add curd and mix it very well. keep it on the side for 30 minutes.
Step - 4 Prepare Biryani Rice
1. Wash rice few times till the water runs clear. Soak in a water fo 1 hr. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat water in a large pot, add salt, Whole garam masala (Black cumin seeds, green cardamom, black cardamom, black pepper corn, cloves, bayleaf ), green chilly to it. Let it boil.
3. When the water comes to a boil add drained rice and cook until 50% done.
4. Add 1 cup boiling water into the marinated chicken.
5. Check the rice. Drain off when its 50% done.
Step - 5 Layering dum biryani
1. Make first Layer of the 50% cooked rice over the marinated chicken gravy. Make Second layer of 60% cooked rice and last layer of 70% cooked rice. Sprinkle Fried onion. pour the biryani color or saffron milk, ghee and kewra water evenly.
2.cover the pot with a foil and air tight lid to trap the steam or dum.
3.Place this pot on a hot tawa and cook for about 10 minutes on a high heat and 20 minutes on low heat. Once done switch off the flame and allow to rest for 10-15 miutes.
4. Aromatic Chicken Dum Biryani is ready. Serve hot.